Technical presentations (both oral and poster) must be prepared and exposed in English.
Authors should provide a copy (preferably on a USB memory stick or USB memory drive) to the Conference Technical Staff in the corresponding meeting room at least 15 minutes before the session starts.
The time allowed for each presentation is 20 minutes for regular presentations and 45 minutes for invited lectures. This duration includes time for questions and answers: 5 minutes for regular presentations, up to 10 minutes for invited lectures.
Paper format 70 cm x 100 cm is strongly recommended.
Authors are requested to mount their poster in the poster space before the poster session starts.
Requirements for Inclusion of the Papers in the Conference Programme
It is required that you or one of your co-authors register, pay any applicable registration fees for that conference, attend, and present the paper to your fellow conference attendees. Therefore, we require the following:
- Each paper accepted for inclusion in the conference programme requires at least one author to be registered to present the paper. Papers that do not have a presenting author registered with the required fee received before June the 1st, 2018, may NOT be included in the conference programme and may NOT be included in the conference proceedings.
- Registered Authors can present a second paper at no additional cost.
- Presentation of a third paper by the same author will NOT be allowed (i.e. a different co-author must register).
Papers included in the Conference Programme will be collected in the conference proceedings and will be provided to the registered participants (on a USB memory stick).
A selection of papers will undergo a blind review process and will appear inJournal of Physics: Conference Series (JPCS).
Where to send your paper
Manuscripts, prepared according to the author guidelines, should be submitted to email@example.com JUNE the 1st, 2018.
Preparing your paper
IOP Conference Series uses author-supplied PDFs for all online and print publication. Authors are asked to prepare their papers using Microsoft Word or LaTeX, according to the journal guidelines and templates, and then convert these files to PDF. Full instructions on preparing your paper, along with templates, can be found on the IOP Conference Series website.
When preparing your paper please check that:
- Paper size is European A4.
- Margins are 4cm (top), 2.5cm (left and right) and 2.7cm (bottom).
- The paper includes the author name and affiliation (full address including country).
- There are no page numbers, or headers and footers, within the paper.
- The PDF is free of formatting errors (e.g. corrupt equations, missing or poor resolution figures), since conversion from Word to PDF can introduce formatting errors.
- Text is single spaced, not double spaced.
- The PDF file is editable and not password protected.
- All pages are portrait (landscape pages should be rotated).
- Reference lists are checked for accuracy. References can only be linked via CrossRef if they are correct and complete.
- Figures are placed within the text, not collected at the end of the document.
- A thorough proof read is conducted to check standard of English and ensure wording is clear and concise.
It is important to ensure that when you submit your paper, it is in its final form ready for publication, and has been thoroughly proofread. IOP do not copyedit papers and will not send out author proofs prior to publication. Please note: post-publication changes are not usually permitted, unless there are exceptional circumstances, so please ensure your paper has been checked for errors.
Important: please read before you submit a paper
IOP Conference Series operates a publishing licence, under which authors retain copyright of their papers and no longer need to sign and submit copyright assignment forms. Any author who wishes to publish in IOP Conference Series must agree to the terms of the licence and by submitting a paper for publication it is assumed all authors of the paper agree, in full, to the terms of the licence. The licence terms and conditions are available online.